5 things that you should never do post-eatingby Sanhita Bhattacharya No Comments fitness-health food_nutrition general hygiene
"Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. it is of great importance to the morale."- Elsa Schiaparelli (Italian fashion designer)
Everyone likes the idea of getting a little sleep after a delicious meal. Many of us likes to have a smoke after little time that we get after an office lunch break. We don't pay much attention to the effects that they leave upon us. Let us talk about those habits today.
- Smoking: Smoking affects the most those who have a habit of smoking right after a meal. It is the most damaging thing that you can do to your lungs. Nicotine in a cigarette mixes up with the oxygen that we need to help indigestion. Studies have said that smoking a cigarette right after a meal is like smoking 10 cigarettes at once. Still if you're addicted just wait for a couple of hours so that it affects you a little less.
- Sleeping: Sleeping right after you have meal is way more harmful than you think. Our body doesn't get much time to digest the foods and this cause bloating, indigestion and stomach pain. You should at least wait for half an hour to get to bed after eating.
- Drinking tea: Drinking tea right after a meal stops the iron from absorption. This can cause dizziness, burping and other discomforts.
- Taking a shower: Taking shower right after a meal cause your blood to flow towards your feet and hands which causes less blood flow to stomach and causing indigestion.
- Eating fruits: Fruits need enzymes to get digested. They rot in a gut if we eat fruits right after meal not getting enough enzymes to get help in digestion.
Eating is a pleasure for us and it is better to get rid of these eating habits before it affects us to the worst level possible.